A Night With Janis Joplin aka Further Proof I Am A Very Old Soul

So this past Christmas my mom got me tickets to see 'A Night With Janis Joplin', a recent Broadway Musical on tour across North America. When the show was announced to be coming to a nearby city I was very excited to see it. 
When I was a freshman in high school I discovered the phenomenal talent that was Janis Joplin, I gravitated to her music immediately. I had never heard anything like her before, she was so different to the pop music that was popular among those is my age bracket. She sang about love and heartbreak and things that were real and she spoke to my heart. I read biographies on her and listened to her greatest hits album over and over. 
Seeing this show was the closest I will ever be to seeing Janis in concert. Mary Bridget Davies stars as the queen of rock herself and is the living embodiment of her. You could feel the raw energy eminating from her body the entire show. Being a Broadway show I was expecting a large scale play, with sets and costume changes. Leave your expectations at the door, you're in for a real live rock show unlike any 'musical' I've ever seen. 

Comments

Popular Posts