Blogmas 6,7 & 8 -A Mental Health Update

I said I was back at keeping up with stuff. 
In honour of this week being Mental Health Week, I'm going to tell you what's good on right now. 

I have chronic depression. Like debilitating, can't-get-out-of-bed, the world is over depression in addition to and anxiety disorder. Also my symptoms seem to be really bad at the moment. 
Currently I am taking Celexa. So far its helped the panic attacks; but I've gained a lot of weight, my skin is disgusting, my libido is non-existant, my sleep pattern is all over the place and my depression is worse. 
I know recovery is a life long battle and I'm not looking for a quick fix. I have been battling my mental illness my entire life, I figured out there was something wrong with me when I was 10, I am now 23. I would like some sort of relief. I would like to not feel like I am carrying a huge boulder while trying to play Operation but the electrodes are attached to my head and I didn't want to play in the first place. Sorry for the whiny blog, but this week has been mighty stressful and my symptoms are kicking my ass right now. Hopefully I'll get something done for tomorrow. 

Love & Light 
- KatD17

Comments

Popular Posts